Monday, February 6, 2017

We Could Do Without Courts "I, The Donald" Suggests

So-called President Trump's authoritian tendencies were on display yet again as he railed on Twitter against the legal obstacles that have arisen to his intemperate immigration ban,

Remember that TV series about one of the worst Roman emperors, entitled "I, Claudius?" Well, how about "I, The Donald?"





After Federal Judge James Robart, who has served about 13 years on a Federal bench in the state of Washington and was chosen for that position by former Republican president George W. Bush, issued a temporary restraining order against the immigration ban, Trump first took to Twitter to label him a "so-called judge,"  for which he (Trump) was widely ridiculed.

Now "I, The Donald" has gone a step further.

“Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril,” he Tweeted Sunday.  “If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!”

Blame not just one judge, but the entire court system.

Who needs a judiciary, except perhaps some kangaroo courts, when we have an all-knowing emperor as our "leader."

As time goes by, one strongly suspects "I, The Donald" will conclude we would be better off without a legislative branch, too -- even when controlled by Republicans.

And, once again, I apologize to readers for straying off topic and again say, I wish this post was about fiction.

To see what else I have had to say a about "I, The Donald," click on the "Trump" label below.

No comments:

Post a Comment